Write a review
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups Gold Medal™ all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 10 pretzel rods, about 8 1/2 inches long, cut crosswise in half
- 2 teaspoons shortening
- 2/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Butterscotch-flavored chips, melted
- 1Heat oven to 350ºF. Mix brown sugar, butter, water and vanilla in medium bowl. Stir in flour and salt. Shape dough into twenty 1 1/4-inch balls.
- 2Place pretzel rod halves on ungreased cookie sheet. Press ball of dough onto cut end of each pretzel rod. Press dough with fork to resemble "bristles" of broom.
- 3Bake about 12 minutes or until set but not brown. Remove from cookie sheet. Cool completely on wire rack, about 30 minutes.
- 4Cover cookie sheet with waxed paper. Place brooms on waxed paper. Heat shortening and chocolate chips over low heat, stirring occasionally, until melted and smooth; remove from heat. Spoon melted chocolate over brooms, leaving about 1 inch at top of pretzel handle and bottom halves of cookie bristles uncovered. Drizzle with melted butterscotch chips. Let stand until chocolate is set.