Strawberry Chocolate Chip Shortcake Recipe
Write a review
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine, softened
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract, divided
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup HERSHEY'S Mini Chips Semi-Sweet Chocolate, HERSHEY'S SPECIAL DARK Chocolate Chips or HERSHEY'S Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips, divided
- 1 container (16 oz.) dairy sour cream
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups frozen non-dairy whipped topping, thawed
- Fresh strawberries, rinsed and halved
- 1. Heat oven to 350°F. Grease 9-inch springform pan.
- 2. Beat 1/2 cup sugar and butter in large bowl. Add 1 egg and 1 teaspoon vanilla; beat until creamy. Gradually add flour and baking powder, beating until smooth; stir in 1/2 cup small chocolate chips. Press mixture onto bottom of prepared pan.
- 3. Stir together sour cream, remaining 1/2 cup sugar, remaining 2 eggs and remaining 1 teaspoon vanilla in medium bowl; stir in remaining 1/2 cup small chocolate chips. Pour over mixture in pan.
- 4. Bake 50 to 55 minutes until almost set and edges are lightly browned. Cool completely on wire rack; remove side of pan. Spread whipped topping over top. Cover; refrigerate. Just before serving, arrange strawberry halves on top of cake; garnish as desired. Cover; refrigerate leftover dessert. Makes 12 servings.