Spooky Spider Cupcakes
Write a review
- 1 (15.25- to 16.5-ounce) package dark chocolate cake mix
- 1/3 cup Land O Lakes® Butter, melted
- 1 1/4 cups chocolate milk or water
- 3 Land O Lakes® Eggs
- 3/4 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 6 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup Land O Lakes® Butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 6 to 8 tablespoons Land O Lakes® Half & Half or Fat Free Half & Half
- Large black gumdrops or other candies
- Small gumdrops or other round candies
- Black sparkle decorator gel
- Black string licorice, cut into 2-inch pieces
- Heat oven to 350°F. Place paper baking cups into 24 muffin pan cups; set aside.
- Combine all cupcake ingredients except chocolate chips in bowl; beat at medium speed until creamy; stir in chocolate chips. Fill prepared muffin cups 2/3 full.
- Bake 17-19 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely.
- Combine powdered sugar, 1/2 cup butter, corn syrup and vanilla in medium bowl. Beat at low speed, scraping bowl often, until well mixed. Increase speed to high; beat, gradually adding enough half & half for desired frosting consistency.
- Frost cupcakes. Create spiders using large gumdrop for body and small gumdrop for head. Make eyes with black decorator gel. Create legs by inserting 4 licorice pieces on each side of large gumdrop.