Make-Ahead Cheeseburger Lasagna
Write a review
- 1 1/2 lb lean (at least 80%) ground beef
- 3 tablespoons instant minced onion
- 1 can (15 oz) tomato sauce
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1 egg
- 1 container (15 oz) ricotta cheese
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar and American cheese blend (8 oz)
- 12 uncooked lasagna noodles
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese (4 oz)
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1 medium tomato, sliced
- Dill pickle slices
- Spray 13x9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish and large nonstick skillet with nonstick cooking spray. In sprayed skillet, cook ground beef and onion over medium-high heat 5 to 7 minutes or until beef is thoroughly cooked, stirring frequently. Add tomato sauce, water, ketchup and mustard; mix well. Simmer 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, beat egg in medium bowl. Add ricotta cheese and 2 cups of the cheese blend; mix well.
- Spread 1 cup beef mixture in bottom of sprayed baking dish. Arrange 4 uncooked noodles over sauce. Spoon and spread half of ricotta cheese mixture over noodles; top with 1 1/2 cups beef mixture. Repeat layers once. Top with remaining 4 noodles, beef mixture and the 1 cup Cheddar cheese. Cover with foil; refrigerate at least 8 hours or overnight.
- When ready to bake, heat oven to 350°F. Bake lasagna, covered, for 45 minutes.
- Uncover baking dish; bake 25 to 35 minutes longer or until bubbly. Remove from oven. Cover with foil; let stand 5 to 10 minutes before serving.
- Just before serving, top with lettuce, tomato and pickle slices. If desired, serve with additional ketchup.