Italian Beef and Ravioli Stew
Write a review
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) olive or vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) coarsely chopped onion
- 2 tsp (10 mL) finely chopped garlic
- 2 tsp (10 mL) chopped fresh rosemary leaves
- 1 medium yellow or green pepper, cut into 2-inch strips
- 2 lb (1 kg) boneless beef chuck, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 cans (14.5 oz each) diced tomatoes with Italian seasonings, undrained
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) red wine or beef broth
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) Green Giant* Frozen Cut Green Beans
- 1 pkg refrigerated cheese-filled ravioli
- Heat oil in 4 1/2- to 5-quart Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Cook onion, garlic, rosemary and pepper in oil 4 to 5 minutes, stirring frequently, until onions are softened. Stir in beef. Cook 6 to 8 minutes, stirring occasionally, until beef is lightly browned.
- Stir in tomatoes and wine. Heat to boiling; reduce heat to medium-low. Cover and cook 45 to 50 minutes, stirring occasionally, until beef is tender.
- Stir in frozen green beans and ravioli. Increase heat to medium-high. Cook 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until ravioli are tender.