Honeyed Pumpkin Pie with Broiled Praline Topping
Write a review
- 1 Pillsbury™ refrigerated pie crust (from 15-oz box), softened as directed on box
- 1 can (15 oz) pumpkin (not pumpkin pie mix)
- 1 cup honey
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup evaporated milk
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- Heat oven to 375°F. Remove pie crust from pouch; place flat on work surface. With rolling pin, roll crust into 13-inch round; place in 10-inch deep-dish pie pan as directed on box for One-Crust Filled Pie.
- In large bowl with electric mixer, beat pumpkin, honey, salt, nutmeg and allspice on medium speed until blended. Beat in eggs. On low speed, gradually add milk, beating until well blended. Pour into crust-lined pan.
- Bake 45 to 55 minutes or until edge is set. Cool completely on wire rack, about 2 hours.
- Set oven control to broil. In small bowl, mix topping ingredients; sprinkle over pie. Broil with top 4 to 6 inches from heat 2 to 3 minutes or until topping is bubbly. Store in refrigerator.