HERSHEY'S Chocolate Pie with Chocolate Petal Crust Recipe
Write a review
- CHOCOLATE PETAL CRUST (recipe follows)
- 1-1/3 cups (8 oz.) HERSHEY'S MINI KISSES Brand Milk Chocolates
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1-1/2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 cup (1/2 pt.) cold whipping cream
- 1 cup Sweetened whipped cream
- 8 Additional HERSHEY'S MINI KISSES Brand Milk Chocolates
- 1. Prepare CHOCOLATE PETAL CRUST.
- 2. Microwave chocolate pieces with milk in large microwave-safe bowl at MEDIUM (50%) 1 minute; stir until well blended. Stir in marshmallows. Microwave 30 seconds; stir. If necessary, microwave an additional 15 seconds at a time, stirring after each heating until marshmallows are melted. Cool to room temperature.
- 3. Beat whipping cream in medium bowl until stiff; carefully fold into chocolate mixture. Spoon into prepared crust. Refrigerate until firm, about 4 hours. Garnish with sweetened whipped cream and chocolate pieces. Cover; refrigerate leftover pie. Makes 8 servings.
- CHOCOLATE PETAL CRUST
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup HERSHEY'S Cocoa
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1. Beat butter, sugar, egg and vanilla in large bowl until fluffy. Stir together flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt; beat into butter mixture. Shape soft dough into two rolls, about 7-1/2 inches long. Wrap each roll in wax paper or plastic wrap; refrigerate several hours or overnight.
- 2. Heat oven to 375°F. Grease 9-inch pie plate.
- 3. Cut one roll into 1/8-inch-thick slices; place on bottom and up side of prepared pie plate, edges touching. (Spaces between slices of dough in crust fill in during baking.)
- 4. Bake 8 to 10 minutes. Cool completely. Enough dough for 2 crusts.
- NOTE: Remaining roll of dough may be frozen up to 6 weeks for later use.