Halloween Surprise Brownies
Write a review
- 1/2 cup Land O Lakes® Butter
- 2 (1-ounce) squares unsweetened baking chocolate
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 Land O Lakes® Eggs
- 12 chocolate sandwich cookies with
- orange créme centers, each cut into quarters
- 1/3 cup Land O Lakes® Butter, softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 (1-ounce) squares unsweetened baking chocolate, melted, cooled slightly
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 to 2 tablespoons milk
- Orange and black Halloween non-pareils or sprinkles
- Heat oven to 350°F. Spray or grease bottom only of 8- or 9-inch baking pan; set aside.
- Combine 1/2 cup butter and 2 ounces chocolate in 2-quart saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, 4-6 minutes or until smooth. Stir in all remaining brownie ingredients except cookies; mix well. Stir in cookie pieces.
- Spread batter into prepared pan. Bake 18-23 minutes or until brownies begin to pull away from sides of pan. Cool completely.
- Place 1/3 cup butter in bowl; beat at medium speed until creamy. Add 1 cup powdered sugar; beat at low speed until well mixed. Add melted chocolate and vanilla; continue beating until well mixed. Add remaining powdered sugar and enough milk for desired frosting consistency. Spread frosting over cooled brownies. Sprinkle with Halloween decorator sprinkles.