Easter Bunny Cupcakes
Write a review
- 1 to 2 cans vanilla frosting (16 ounces each)
- Green paste food coloring
- Cupcakes and miniature cupcakes of your choice
- Candy-coated sunflower kernels
- Assorted stick chewing gum
- Jumbo heart sprinkles
- Canned chocolate frosting
- Miniature marshmallows
- Corn syrup
- White nonpareils
- Read more: http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/easter-bunny-cupcakes#ixzz3TpERPlcE
- Tint desired amount of frosting green. Cut a small hole in the corner of pastry or plastic bag; insert #4 round pastry tip. Fill bag with green frosting; pipe grass onto desired amount of cupcakes. Sprinkle with sunflower kernels.
- For bunny faces, pipe white frosting over tops of cupcakes using a #4 round pastry tip. Using clean kitchen scissors or a small sharp knife, cut gum into ear shapes of various sizes. Attach smaller centers onto the larger pieces with a small amount of frosting.
- Pinch base end of each ear, forming a curved shape. Press into tops of cupcakes. Place a heart sprinkle on each cupcake for nose. Using a #2 round pastry tip, pipe eyes, whiskers and a mouth on each face with chocolate frosting.
- For bunnies, pipe white frosting over remaining cupcakes. Place a miniature cupcake onto a larger cupcake; secure with a toothpick. For a bunny tail, dip a marshmallow in corn syrup; roll in nonpareils. Place on cupcake. Repeat as desired. Yield: Varied.
- Editor's Note: Use of a coupler ring will allow you to easily change pastry tips for different designs.