Crumb-Topped Apple & Pumpkin Pie Recipe
Write a review
- 1 sheet refrigerated pie pastry
- 2 cups thinly sliced peeled tart apples
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1-1/2 cups canned pumpkin
- 1 cup fat-free evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 4-1/2 teaspoons cold butter
- 3 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- On a lightly floured surface, unroll pastry. Transfer pastry to a 9-in. deep-dish pie plate. Trim pastry to 1/2 in. beyond edge of plate; flute edges. In a large bowl, combine the apples, sugar, flour, lemon juice and cinnamon. Spoon into crust.
- In another large bowl, whisk the pumpkin filling ingredients. Pour over apple mixture. Bake at 375° for 30 minutes.
- For topping, combine flour and sugar. Cut in butter until crumbly; stir in walnuts. Sprinkle over pie.
- Bake 20-25 minutes longer or until a knife inserted into pumpkin layer comes out clean (cover edges with foil during the last 15 minutes to prevent overbrowning if necessary).
- Cool on a wire rack. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 10 servings.