Crisp Oven-Fried Chicken
Write a review
- 1 1/2 cups mashed potato flakes
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup margarine or butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 egg
- 1 (3 to 3 1/2-lb.) frying chicken, skin removed if desired
- Heat oven to 400°F. Spray 13x9-inch pan lightly with nonstick cooking spray.
- In large bowl, combine potato flakes, seasoned salt, paprika, garlic powder and pepper. Add margarine; mix well. In medium bowl, combine egg and water; beat well.
- Dip chicken pieces in egg mixture; thorougly coat all sides with potato flake mixture. Place chicken, skin side up, in sprayed pan.
- Bake uncovered at 400°F. for 55 to 60 minutes or until chicken is fork tender and juices run clear.