Cream Cheese Lemon Bars Recipe
Write a review
- 1 box lemon cake mix
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine - softened
- 1 egg
- 8 ounces cream cheese - softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 lemon - grated
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice or 1/2 fresh squeezed lemon
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- In a mixing bowl, blend dry cake mix, butter, and 1 egg.
- Press into a 9 x 13 pan, ungreased.
- Beat the cream cheese until smooth.
- Gradually blend in the powdered sugar.
- Stir in lemon peel and lemon juice until smooth.
- Reserve 1/2 cup of this mixture and refrigerate it for later use.
- Beat the remaining 2 eggs, add the vanilla, and then beat this mixture into the remaining cream cheese mixture until well blended.
- Spread over the cake mixture.
- Bake at 350° until set, approximately 25 to 30 minutes.
- Cool completely.
- Spread the reserved cream cheese mixture onto the bars.
- Refrigerate until firm; then cut into squares and serve.