Write a review
- 6 small apples, 2 1/2 inches in diameter
- Lemon juice or Lemon-lime soda pop
- Wire rack
- Spray varnish, if desired
- 6 cinnamon sticks, 10 inches long
- Straw wreath, 10 inches in diameter
- 2 yards 3/4-inch ribbon or 8 (3 1/2-inch) cinnamon sticks
- Glue gun and glue sticks
- Silk leaves
- 1Heat oven to 200ºF. Cut apples lengthwise from stem end through core into 1/4-inch slices. Dip apples into lemon juice to prevent browning; place on wire racks. Carefully place wire racks on oven rack. Bake 4 hours.
- 2Remove wire racks from oven and place on heatproof surface. Let apples stand about 2 hours or until completely dry. Place dried apples on waxed paper. Coat each side with 2 light coats of spray varnish, following manufacturer's directions.
- 3Tie 10-inch cinnamon sticks together. Attach to front of wreath with 6 inches of the ribbon. Glue dried apple slices and 3 1/2-inch cinnamon sticks to front and side of wreath, using glue gun. Attach leaves to ribbon on 10-inch cinnamon sticks. Make a bow with the remaining ribbon, and attach to wreath. Attach wire hanger if desired.